Mar 15, 2013

Water Filtration Bottle on Sale




Tornado season is arriving in my neck of the woods.  Maybe where you live the hurricane season is approaching.  My SIL is in Southern California and they'll be prepping for fire season soon.  Or do you live in an earthquake prone area and you're always in that season?  All of these mean it's time for reviewing and updating our 72 hr kits

What do we need to update?  I have a 6 y/o and 10 y/o who don't fit into their clothes from last Spring so definitely we need a new change of clothes in the kits.  I also need to refresh the water and food supply in our kits.  In many cases, I'll be able to bunker down at home where I have a decent water supply (which also needs to be refreshed this Spring).  But what if we had to evacuate our home?

Over the years, I've not liked having so much water in my 72 hr kit.  The standard for a 3 day supply is 1 gallon per person per day.  It's too heavy for me to carry, and my children even more so.  But I know that water is a necessity and who knows what kind of water supply we'd have if we were to evacuate, whether that be to a shelter or to family or friends' homes in another area.  Thankfully there are some solutions.

The first solution I have tried is the Seychelle Water Filtration Straw. It is a great option and takes up little space in my 72 hr kit.  The straw will filter 25 gallons of water and is great for when you're traveling - keep one in your car, in your purse, etc.  It will easily fit in the glove compartment of your vehicle, allowing you to have the ability to purify water for drinking without needing a container for your water.

The negative - in an TEOTWAWKI situation where I'm hiking to my destination, it's more difficult to walk and drink at the same time (although I could fill another water bottle with whatever water I find and then use this straw to drink it).  But there is another solution...

The Water Filtration Bottle (24 oz) from Shelf Reliance is on sale through April 1st for $24.99 (through me) or $25.49 in my online store.  This water bottle will filter up to 100 gallons of water.  It removes harmful microscopic pathogens such as Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Viruses and other cysts and spores as well as removes offensive tastes, odors, chlorine, silt, sand, and sediment.  This means I can have the water bottle in my 72 hr kit and refill it from available water sources as needed.  Normally these are $29.69 so take advantage of this sale while you can!

And while you're here, be sure to enter my 1st Anniversary Giveaway - the giveaway ends March 26th so enter today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment