Jun 28, 2012

Anniversary Chicken in the Crockpot

One of the recipes I chose for this week's Menu Plan is Anniversary Chicken.  A friend introduced this recipe to me a few years ago (she actually shares lots of great recipes so I love going to her house for dinner).  With this hot weather, I decided to make it in the crockpot (not for the first time) to prevent the oven from heating up the house.  I actually use my crockpot more in the summer than in the winter for that reason.  One reader commented that she'd like to see how I did this in the crockpot so I'm sharing - even though THRIVE was not a part of it.  Hope you enjoy!

 Because I was short on time, I skipped browning the chicken in oil on the stovetop that the original recipe calls for and just placed the raw chicken breast in the crockpot.  I drizzled it with Teriyaki sauce.
Have you discovered the Hickory Bacon Ranch Dressing from Hidden Valley?  This recipe was good with regular Ranch but the Hickory Bacon Ranch kicks it up a few notches!  I squirted some on top of the chicken.
 Then sprinkled with cheddar cheese (and this would be one area where I could use THRIVE - THRIVE FD Cheddar Cheese) and bacon bits.
I set the crockpot to High and let the chicken cook for 3-4 hours.  I was sick that night so my husband took over for the sides.

Here's the recipe for those who don't want to click through....

Anniversary Chicken 

2 T vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1 T chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large skilled, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish.  Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on Ranch.  Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.  Garnish with parsley and serve.

Source:  "Anniversary Chicken I" recipe by VICKI117 on

For cooking in the crockpot, place chicken in crockpot, add toppings and cook on High 3-4 hours.  Simple, but delicious!  Perfect for a hot summer day, and year-round!

0 comments:

Post a Comment