Jun 25, 2012

Dinner Plan - 6/25


Summer is officially here - in more ways than one!  This is what I saw this morning...
There are triple digit temperatures this week!  Yuck!  No guessing about it - we're going to be eating light and cool this week.  I'm going to be avoiding use of the oven.  It's a good thing I have a crockpot!  It's going to be hot enough, I'm not even sure I would want to grill because that would mean standing outside in these temperatures.

Monday - BLTs, Sauteed Yellow Squash, Apple Turnovers

Tuesday - Anniversary Chicken (in crockpot)

Wednesday - French Toast

Thursday - Tacos

Friday - Traveling

Saturday - Traveling

Sunday - Rotisserie Chicken in Crockpot


What's on your menu?  Are you using any THRIVE this week? My THRIVE in use this week is apple slices for the apple turnovers.  And of course, I could use the THRIVE FD Ground Beef for my tacos.  I don't have any of the THRIVE FD Seasoned Chicken Slices but I bet I could use those for the Anniversary Chicken recipe if I was living off our food storage.

This post is being shared on Menu Plan Monday.  Go check out all the fun menus for this week!

4 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by via Organizing Junkie today!
    We're having another week of 100+ weather in Las Vegas. That means little oven cooking as possible!
    Have a delicious week's worth of good eats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Guess I'll be checking out your menu to see what hot day meals I can add to our plans for this summer. It's this time of year that I always think living in Minnesota along the Great Lakes sounds like a good plan. And then winter comes :)

      Delete
  2. I would love to know how you modify the Anniversary Chicken when cooking it in the crockpot. It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal - when I made the Anniversary Chicken yesterday, I took pictures so that I can share it this week. I'll try to get that post up tomorrow.

      Delete