Jul 11, 2014

Lemon Zucchini Bread

Quite a while ago, I Pinned this recipe from Nancy Creative but never got around to trying it.  Then THRIVE Classic Lemonade came back for the Summer!  After reading other consultants talk about using the Lemonade powder in recipes, and having an abundance of zucchini from my garden, I decided now was the time to give it a try and to Thrive-a-lize it!

Results?  Delicious!  I took it to a family gathering to celebrate my brother's 40th birthday and my nephew's 12th birthday.  The family verdict?  Delicious!   We also had Thrive Classic Lemonade.  There were instant raves including the comment "This is a mix?  It tastes like freshly squeezed lemonade!  I think I need this!"

What did I change?  I replaced the lemon juice and lemon zest with THRIVE Classic Lemonade, used THRIVE Whole Egg Powder instead of eggs, and THRIVE Instant Milk (reconstituted).  I also replaced half the oil with applesauce to make it a bit healthier.

It was so good I made another loaf yesterday, experimenting with flours and using THRIVE Instant Milk in powder (adding the powder to the flour and adding water to the liquid mix).  Although still good, this second loaf wasn't near as amazing as the first.  I love the idea of using the milk powder so I'll have to give it another try without the whole wheat flour mix I used.

Ready to try it yourself?

Lemon Zucchini Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 T Thrive Whole Egg Powder
1/2 cup canola oil, or a blend of applesauce and oil to total 1/2 cup
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup Thrive Instant Milk, reconstituted
1 1/2 teaspoon Thrive Classic Lemonade powder
1 cup grated zucchini
4 T Water

Prep work:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 9x5 loaf pan (I sprayed it with Olive Oil)
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and egg powder.

In a second bowl, combine oil and sugar.  Add milk, water, and lemonade powder; mix well.  Gently stir in zucchini.
Add wet mixture to flour mix and combine well.
Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment