May 9, 2014

15 Minute Chicken Fajitas

With all the reasons Thrive Life has recently shared about why to use Thrive Foods, I've upped our use of Thrive for meals. With the rush to get to soccer practice, games, riding lessons, etc., dinner often needs to be a quick and easy meal. For last night, I planned chicken fajitas.  This was my first time trying THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Slices (I've always used the Chopped Chicken for other recipes).  I was IMPRESSED!  These are huge slices of chicken breast and they rehydrated fast!  I had expected dinner to take me 20-30 minutes to prepare but it was ready faster than I could get the table set.  And that was while both of my girls were requiring assistance with homework (one in another room).

In between homework problems, I reconstituted the chicken slices and splashed the peppers (I used both red and green bell peppers) and onion with water in a strainer.  As the chicken rehydrated, I put a chunk of butter in the pan on high heat.  I quickly added the peppers and onion and let them start to carmelize.  Then I scooped the chicken out of the bowl of water and added it to my veggies.


It only took a few minutes for the chicken to reheat.  I sprinkled it with Chef's Choice (which we add to almost everything now) and added a splash of lime juice.  I served the chicken mixture on flour tortillas with Cheddar Cheese (Monterey Jack would be good too) and Sour Cream.

This was also my first time using the Chopped Onions (FD).  I will have to admit that for fajitas, I wish the onions were cut a bit bigger but as I pondered it, I couldn't think of any other recipe I'd use a large onion slice for to request "Onion Slices" as a new product.

Here's my put together fajita from last night:

Want the recipe?

For the month of May 2014, THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Slices, Red Bell Peppers and Green Bell Peppers are on sale!

This post is being shared with Mouthwatering Mondays, Made by You Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, MMM Block Party, Marvelous Mondays, Monday Funday, Sweet Sharing Monday and other link parties - Go check out all the fun!



0 comments:

Post a Comment