Apr 24, 2014

Quick Individual Pizzas

Thursday nights, I don't get home until 6 pm from activities.  Some days I'm on the ball and have dinner in the crockpot waiting for our return.  Today, I was stumped on what to make.  And then just before leaving I decided we'd have individual pizzas but I failed to rehydrate the Thrive Freeze-dried Mozzarella Cheese.  Oh well - we'll do it as we go.

I got home from our horse class and pulled up our favorite pizza sauce recipe (using Thrive Tomato Powder, thank you very much).  While waiting for the water to boil for the sauce, I poured the cheese into a strainer, set it in a bowl and covered the cheese with water.  When the sauce was done, so was the cheese.  I removed the strainer from the bowl of water to let it drain.  I quickly put sauce on pita bread, topped it with the mozzarella (plus a little cheddar I had on hand), then came time for individual toppings.
My choice: Mushrooms, Pineapple and Spinach.  I think the freeze dried Spinach would work great for this but I have a big container of fresh spinach on hand for salads so I used it.
7 y/o's choice: Pineapple


11 y/o's choice: Ground Beef

My husband was the only one who didn't use THRIVE for his toppings - he chose Pepperoni.

Into a 400 degree oven for 7 minutes and dinner was done!  If I'd had the pizza sauce ready before hand (like I will next time with this week's remaining sauce), these pizzas can be ready in less than 15 minutes!

Other options from THRIVE: tomato dices, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, sausage, green onions (sounds strange but it's actually good), diced chicken, and onions.  The THRIVE advantage is no chopping and no waste.  For the ground beef, I didn't have to brown a whole pound.  I simply scooped out the amount I needed, splashed it in water and put it on her pizza.  For the mushrooms and pineapple, same thing, and NO CHOPPING.  No chopping means less clean up (knife, cutting board, juice on the counter).

Having a wide variety of THRIVE vegetables and meats is great for when we host pizza parties because everyone can so easily make their own pizza and I have little prep time!

What topping will you put on your pizza?  

This post is being shared with Foodtastic Friday, Mouthwatering Mondays, Made by You Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, MMM Block Party, Marvelous Mondays, Monday Funday, Show Me Your Plaid Mondays, Sweet Sharing Monday and other link parties - Go check out all the fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment