Jun 12, 2012

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins



I have a muffin recipe that my whole family loves - and that's saying something.  My husband likes "plain muffins" so if I make blueberry or strawberry muffins from a mix, he won't eat them (but he will eat my Oatmeal Muffins, he claims they're plain).  My girls like blueberry, strawberry, and chocolate chip.  I do too.  But I don't like all the extras that are in the mixes so I went on a hunt for a good, simple muffin recipe.  And I found one thanks to Stolen Moments Cooking.  Their Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe is DELICIOUS!  And everyone in my family eats them = SUCCESS!  The only part that is not so "simple" is that I have to melt the butter and let it cool before I can make the muffins.

I normally tweak baking recipes that call for oil by replacing some or all of the oil with applesauce, and by replacing white flour with a combination of white and wheat flour.  Recently I decided to tweak the recipe a little bit more by adding in THRIVE FD Raspberries, and then I replaced the eggs with Whole Egg Powder, and added the water needed for rehydrating the eggs.  The results were just as delicious!



Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
  • 2 cups white flour, 1 cup wheat flour
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 T. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup FD Raspberries (not rehydrated) 
  • 1/2 c. butter, melted and cooled
  • 1/4 cup natural applesauce
  • 3 T Whole Egg Powder
  • 1 1/2 c. milk
  • 6 T water
  • 2 t. vanilla
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and whole egg powder until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and raspberries.
2. In a second bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until everything is moistened and combined. Be careful not to over-stir.
3. Pour into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes for a mini-muffin tin and 15-18 minutes for a regular-sized muffin tin, until fully cooked.





For the month of June 2012, THRIVE FD Raspberries are on special!  The #10 can is available on the I'm THRIVing! website for $27.79; Q Customers can get the #10 can for just $26.69.  Contact me to find out how you can become a Q Customer or to get the monthly special prices on the other sizes available (Pouch, Pantry Can, Case of #10s, or Pantry-10 Pack).

2 comments:

  1. I made these tonight they were super yummy. Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Heather! I'm glad you liked the recipe. I think raspberries are becoming one of the top THRIVE Food products since I use them so often now.

      Delete