Oct 16, 2012

Introducing Freeze Dried Green Onions and Moisture Absorbers from Shelf Reliance

I can't wait to try the new freeze dried Green Onions from Shelf Reliance!  I think that was the only ingredient missing from THRIVE Foods for my favorite Hawaiian Haystacks recipe.  I'm also thinking this Hot and Sour Soup recipe from Chef Todd is one I'll be trying as soon as I get the green onions.  Check out this videobelow  from Chef Todd showing how easy it is to make. 

But before you do, did you catch that there's a second new product announced?  Moisture Absorbers!  A pack of 10 for $16.99.   Each Moisture Absorber packet is 28g, which is large enough to be used in a THRIVE bucket. Packets may be used and reused until all the orange beads turn dark green, at which point the packet will not continue to absorb moisture.  Why would you want a moisture absorber in your bucket or can?  I live in a humid part of the country and if that humidity sneaks into my can of freeze dried foods, I no longer have crisp fruits and veggies; I have soft foods - which works for cooking or in a smoothie (depending on the food) but not so much for snacking.  Moisture Absorbers attack the humidity for me!


here's the recipe:

Hot & Sour Soup
by Chef Todd Leonard, CEC
Prep time: 15 min
Serves 4

1 tbsp. garlic
1 tsp. sesame oil
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. THRIVE™ Chopped Onions (FD)
3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. ketchup
3½ tbsp. THRIVE™ Beef Bouillon
4 c. water
3 tbsp. corn starch
¼ c. THRIVE™ Green Onions (FD)
In a 2-quart saucepan, sweat garlic and sesame oil. Add cayenne, soy sauce, chopped onions, vinegar, and ketchup, stirring between each addition. Add bouillon and water and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Mix 5 tbsp. cold water into cornstarch to create a slurry and add it to boiling soup. Bring back to a simmer for 3–4 minutes and strain soup through a fine strainer. Add green onions and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment