May 30, 2012

WFMW - Remembering Blog Post Ideas

When I started this blog just a few months ago, I knew that I would be posting a lot but I had no plan on how to keep track of blog post ideas.  I started out just writing them on my To Do list each week as I came up with the idea.  That worked okay, but not great.  Then as I was writing a post one day, another post idea came to mind as a followup/related post.   So I quickly created a new blog post with just a title and my current blog post organization plan started.

So here's how I remember the blog post ideas I come up with.

I create a blog post with the title and maybe a couple lines in the body of the post.

I then click on "Schedule" (in Blogger on the right hand side of the page) and change it from Automatic to Set Date and Time.  I then set a date that I plan to have the post published and save it.


Then later when I have a chance to sit down and create the actual post, I can filter all my posts to show those in draft format and they are sorted by date.  I work on the one I'm feeling excited about, update the dates to make sure I don't have two scheduled for the same date (unless I want them to be) and make sure that I'm not missing any days (my plan is to post Monday through Saturday with Sundays off).
When I look at my full list of posts, I can see what I have scheduled, what's already posted, and what I have planned.  I can tell if I need to switch some things up.  For example, in the picture below, I don't want to publish two posts in a row on 72 hr kits so I'll be moving the Pre-Assembled kits post to next week instead of Thursday.  And now I need to come up with a new idea for Thursday.



BIG TIP - do not click Publish until you have completed the post - if you do, your post will publish when you have it scheduled for whether or not you ever finished it!

This post is being shared as part of Works for Me Wednesday.  Check out We Are THAT Family for more great tips!

1 comment:

  1. this is SO GREAT! thanks so much!
    BLessings

    http://bit.ly/bNUk5p!

    ReplyDelete