May 29, 2012

Sloppy Matts

Have you discovered that THRIVE is perfect for camping?  It requires no refrigeration and is super easy to prepare for dinner.

Last weekend was our annual trip for a free Kids Fishing Day along a trout-stocked river.  I have several upcoming posts of the food we prepared on our camping trip.  I love my kids learning how to fish, as long as I don't have to touch a live (dead) worm or fish.  Fortunately Princess Naked Toes has no such problems and is training to become our family's official worm and fish toucher :)

Because the annual kids fishing trip is with multiple families, we try to coordinate our meals but with picky kids,  (planning to do families on their own for next year because of picky kids).  For Friday night, my mom made a pot of beans and burger which my family won't eat (they are anti-bean) so we made Sloppy Matts - these are Uncle Matt's (the Matt married to my sister, not the Matt married to my husband's sister) version of a Sloppy Joe.  In addition to being easy, even when camping, and delicious, they are also THRIVE friendly.  My girls LOVE Sloppy Matts (and the name always makes them smile).

Sloppy Matts

1 lb ground beef, or 2 cups THRIVE Freeze Dried Ground Beef
1 jar barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns

Brown your ground beef and drain it, OR simply rehydrate your THRIVE Ground Beef and put it in a sauce pan.  Add your barbecue sauce and heat to your preferred temperature.  Scoop and put on your hamburger buns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment