Apr 25, 2012

What a Waste!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this!  Please?!

I go to the grocery store with wonderful intent.  I buy healthy foods fully intending to eat them before they go bad.  And then I choose other foods at snack time.  I don't start dinner in time to cut up and cook the fresh vegetables that I wanted to serve.  And then a few weeks later, I'm reaching in the fridge and discover this...

 I apologize for the out of focus expiration date - it says Apr 9th.  We are officially two weeks past the sell by date.  I opened it well before the sell by date and ate some.  Once.

What about my girls?  I offered it.  They always say Why don't you buy the small containers?  Well I have, but then they eat a few bites and walk away - and it's not resealable.  So I buy the large containers so that I can give them a little and put it back in the fridge.  That's the intent.  Below is reality...
I wonder how much money I've thrown away in yogurt alone.  Okay, I really don't want to know.

Enter the Shelf Reliance solution:

Our whole family has decided they are wonderful treats without rehydrating.  Just let it melt on your tongue for just a moment and they are absolutely delicious.  One of these days, I'll have to try actually rehydrating them, maybe right after I make some granola!  In addition to being healthy and delicious, with a 1 yr opened / 25 yr unopened Shelf Life, I am not worried about this yogurt going bad before we eat them up!

The Yogurt Bites also come in


And in case you're wondering what's in them, here's the ingredients from the Strawberry Yogurt Bites:
Ingredients: INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, SKIM MILK YOGURT, YOGURT POWDER, STARCH (TAPIOCA), STRAWBERRY POWDER, NATURAL FLAVOR, BLACK CARROT JUICE CONCENTRATE. *CONTAINS: MILK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment