Apr 26, 2012

It's here - now what do I do : Quinoa



This is the recipe that started it all for me...

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad

As soon as I spotted it on Pinterest, I immediately Pinned it to my Recipes for THRIVE Board  I then went to my Q and added it to my next shipment.  That shipment just arrived and I'm ready to start trying.  I've been scouring Pinterest, asking on Facebook, and searching the internet for Quinoa recipes beyond simply replacing rice.

Why do I want to try quinoa?  #1 is because of it's nutritional value.  I'm also excited to have some gluten-free options for when GF friends come over for dinner.  I love that Shelf Reliance is making an effort to have more and more of their products Certified as Gluten-Free.

Here are the recipes I am excited to try...
Source:  www.cookingquinoa.net


Source: www.SoVeryBlessed.com



Source: www.SoVeryBlessed.com



Quinoa and Black Bean Salad (image not available)


Source: http://southamericanfood.about.com, Marian Blazes


Source: http://healthyfamilycookin.blogspot.com


Source: With Style & Grace (http://withstyle.me)


I'm also going to try adding Quinoa flour into various recipes like Pizza Crust, muffins and waffles.  I'll be sure to share with you how it goes, which recipes my family likes, and even the ones we don't.  Of course, if you eat at my house over the next few weeks, you may be one of my Recipe Guinea Pigs :)

I found this great resource for basic information on preparing quinoa from www.cookingquinoa.net and it includes a recipe index.


My other goal is to remember to pronounce it properly (keen-wa).

0 comments:

Post a Comment