Oct 8, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

So when I shared about THRIVE Instant Black Beans saving my soup last week, this is the recipe it was saving - Chicken Tortilla Soup.  This originally came from my friend Nancy but for a much larger crowd so I had to make it smaller, and then adjust it to match my family.  And now I've adjusted it for THRIVE.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 cups chicken broth (make from 4 tsp. THRIVE Chicken Bouillon and 4 cups water)
2-3 cans cream of chicken soup (or substitute recipe using white bean flour & THRIVE Chicken Bouillon)
1/2 jar salsa
1/2 - 1 cup of THRIVE Sweet Corn (FD)
1/2-1 cup THRIVE Instant Black Beans
3 cups THRIVE Chopped Chicken (FD)

Rehydrate Chicken in water for 10 minutes.  While chicken is rehydrating, pour broth into large pot.  Add cream of chicken and stir.  Bring to a boil.  Add salsa.  Stir in corn and black beans, then add chicken.  Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.  Simmer until ready to serve.

For using with non-THRIVE foods, here are the amounts:
1/2 can corn
1/2 can black beans or 1/3 c dry beans (= 3/4 cups cooked)
3 cups shredded chicken

Next time I make this soup, I will take pictures and update this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment