Apr 4, 2012

A Pat on the Back


I gave myself a pat on the back this afternoon.  I just got home from doing a little Easter Bunny shopping (shhh!) and needed a little snack.  My first thought was to grab the ice cream out of the freezer.  But I stopped before I even opened the freezer.  I then grabbed my canister of Simply Peach drink mix to make a smoothie.

Here's the "recipe" I followed:

2 T Simply Peach drink mix
1 cup water
Dole frozen mixed fruit
2 T Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
1/4 c THRIVE Freeze-Dried Raspberries
Ice

Put drink mix and water into blender and mix well.  Add a "handful" of frozen mixed fruit and blend until smooth.  Add yogurt, raspberries, and ice and blend until smooth.  Add more ice as needed to be the consistency you desire.

As I'm just starting out with Shelf Reliance, my fruit supplies are limited.  Plus, I have the frozen fruit in my freezer that's been there a while waiting for a base for smoothies so I needed to use it up.  This is the second smoothie I've made using the Simply Peach and I LOVE them!  My goal is to build up a variety of freeze dried fruits to use in the smoothies.  For example - THRIVE Freeze-dried Peaches, Strawberries, Pineapple, Mango or Blueberries sound really good.  I have the THRIVE Freeze-dried Banana Slices on their way and I'll be making a smoothie almost immediately.  I'm also wondering about using the THRIVE Yogurt Bites instead of fresh yogurt - but how to choose a flavor!

My family actually loves green smoothies (just add spinach to your smoothie).  So I'm thinking I want to try using the THRIVE Freeze-Dried Spinach in a smoothie but that will wait.  Even though I have a can of the Spinach, I also have a garden that is starting to produce spinach to use.

We'll definitely be experimenting with smoothies this Spring and Summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment