Banana Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour (or a mix of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour)
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 cup Sugar
4 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 T THRIVE Whole Egg Powder
4 T water
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (abt 3 bananas) (or 3 cups THRIVE (FD) Sliced Banana + 3 cups Water)
1/3 cup prepared THRIVE Sour Cream Powder (or plain low fat yogurt)
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup THRIVE Raspberries (FD)
1. If you are using THRIVE (FD) Sliced Bananas, now is the time to reconstitute them. If you're using fresh bananas, mash them. If you're using mashed banana from your freezer like I sometimes do, now is the time to start defrosting them.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with Pam (or grease with shortening).
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and whole egg powder**.
4. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add water, banana, sour cream and vanilla. Beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moist. Fold in the chocolate chips and FD Raspberries. You can break up the raspberries into smaller pieces if you prefer.
5. Spread batter into your loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Be sure to test with a toothpick (make sure a toothpick comes out clean) before removing from oven. My loaf had to cook for longer than 60 minutes.
6. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing loaf from pan; then cool loaf completely on a wire rack.
**Note if you're using fresh eggs or reconstituted egg powder instead of the egg powder, you'll add them into your butter and sugar combo, one egg at a time, intsead of into the flour mixture.